As we grow, we meet people who want to help HydroLove achieve our mission of spreading the love of Christ through genuine, non-judgemental conversations, but who for one reason or another, are unable to attend our outreach events. There are many ways to help HydroLove from afar though!
Be a Leader
HydroLove currently serves three college campuses, but is interested in expanding the areas we serve. We have a team of past and present leaders that have committed to supporting leaders who would like to start a branch of HydroLove, and will help you to get up and running as quickly as possible. We have also compiled resources to streamline the start up process.
If you would like to start a new branch email us
- Your name, email, and phone number
- A brief description of where you would like to hold outreach events
- Information about your campus if you would like to start a branch at a college
- The names of anyone who has committed to help you
- Details about any church or ministry that is interested in supporting you
Be a Prayer Warrior
HydroLove’s success is rooted in prayer. We recognize that any success we have is due to the Holy Spirit empowering us, and thus we encourage all of our volunteers and supporters to pray for us frequently. Some prayer topics are listed here.
Pray for our volunteers
- Pray that they would be bold and willing to approach people even when it makes them uncomfortable.
- Pray for their physical safety.
- Pray that they would walk away from HydroLove with a deeper compassion for God’s children.
Pray for the people we encounter during our outreach events.
- Pray that they would be open to conversation
- Pray that they would be prepared to hear anything God wants to say to them whether through a note or a conversation.
Pray that our leaders would be humble, wise, and passionate about our mission.
- Pray that God would make the most of their strengths, and help them to overcome their weaknesses
- Pray that God would provide them with spiritually mature mentors to help them lead well
Be a Donor
God has consistently blessed HydroLove with excited and willing donors. Our donors don’t just donate money, but also give in-kind gifts, donate their time to fundraising projects, and donate professional services.
To Make a Monetary Donation
- Click the “Donate” link at the top of the page to give via PayPal.
- Send an email with the subject “Monetary Donation” if you would like to give via cash, check, or Venmo.
To Donate Professional Services
- Send an email with the subject “Professional Services” and provide details about what you would like to do.
- Some examples of services that have been provided in the past:
- Graphic Design
- Fundraiser Planning
- Accounting services
To Give an In-Kind Donation
- Send an email with the subject “In-Kind Donation” and provide details about what you’d like to donate.
- If you live near one of our branches you can request to set up a drop off appointment in your e-mail
- We frequently collect:
- Bottled water (any brand)
- Label making supplies such as card stock, yarn, pens and markers
- Cleaning supplies such as hand sanitizer, paper towels, and wipes
- Supplies to give directly to the homeless or organizations that support the homeless
- Blankets and jackets during the winter
- Travel sized personal hygiene items year round